Since Eid ul-Fitr translates to “festival of the breaking of the fast”, many people prepare a feast including multiple sweets. This quick and easy recipe is a perfect way to impress family and friends. With the rich chocolate, light cream, and slight crunch, this dessert is sure to be a success.
What you’ll need:
1 Jell-O chocolate pudding mix
2 1/3 cups milk
1 box brownie mix
1/3 cup oil
1 Cool Whip container
Chocolate chips of choice
1) Defrost Cool Whip
2) Prepare chocolate pudding following the directions on the box.
3) Prepare brownie mix following the directions on the box. However, use milk instead of water to allow the brownies to melt in your mouth.
1) Once the brownies have cooled, cut them into squares.
2) Place 1 1/2 brownie squares into each cup.
3) Dollop one tablespoon of chocolate pudding into the cup and spread.
4) Sprinkle 2 teaspoons chocolate chips on the chocolate pudding to add a crunch to the trifle.
5) Spread 2 tablespoons cool whip over the chocolate and brownie mixture, making sure the chocolate is not visible. DO NOT mix cream with chocolate pudding as it will create a runny dessert that will not set.
6) Garnish with chocolate chips and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Note: If using a large trifle bowl, double the recipe and continue layering to the top. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
This post was written by Lobelia Bakery, a local baker in the DMV area, check them out on Instagram @lobeliabakery!